FIMALAIT’s targets and missions are perfectly consistent with the Green Morocco Plan (Plan Maroc Vert). They represent the main guidelines for the interprofession’s efforts to reenergize the sector.
- Improving productivity in order to bring the milk production level to 4.5 billion litres in 2020, thus a 15% annual growth rate with an intermediary production target of 3 billion litres in 2014. A provisional investment in support of a high growth rate would reach MAD 12 billion,
- Increasing the incomes of the dairy farming upstream segment by a factor of 2 or 3 in 2020,
- Enhancing consumer’s access to milk and dairy products in order to ensure an average daily supply of 350 to 400 grams per capita in 2020,
- Boosting the sales turnover of the downstream segment in order to attain MAD 18 billion by 2020,
- Generating 40 000 permanent jobs.